Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sites Filmed in Movies and TV Shows

Have you ever visited sites where movies or TV shows that you like were shot in? There are many reasons for me to travel as I mentioned in my previous blog posts; besides my interest in learning foreign cultures, this is another one. I believe that sites of movies and TV shows that you enjoy are meaningful to visit because knowing you are at the very spot where the scene in movie has taken place can provide you with more understanding of the movie as well as to the place. I've been wanting to visit Hokkaido, Japan ever since I saw a movie called "If You Are The One". The scenery of Hokkaido compliments the love story and made the movie well-known, and at the same time tourism in Hokkaido became popular because of this movie. 
There are many combinations of sites and movies like this. There is a "Lord of the Rings" tour in New Zealand, "Harry Potter" tour in England and "Midnight in Paris" tour in France. The video below introduces the New York City sites that "Man in Black" were filmed at. 


This video is posted by On Location Tours, the largest TV and Movie tour company in the world. The company has uploaded several videos featuring Sex and the City Hotspots, Gossip Girl Sites and Soprano Sites. I live in New Jersey and I think that it's amazing to be so close to one of the most filmed cities, New York City. A day trip to NYC visiting some famous movie sites will be a perfect weekend for me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment