Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Photographic Memories

Photographers express themselves through photos; photography is a way to record what they see and feel during traveling. The girl in this picture is Xiaoyun Luo, a photographer as well as a world traveler.


Luo likes to travel alone and she is known for her self portraits in those travel photos. The photos were taken in many different countries such as France, Japan, Brazil, England, Greece and Spain. 


These photos look like that they were taken by others (but obviously they are not since she travels alone), because none of them are head shots like the pictures that you get from holding a phone/camera against you. Her photos highlight backgrounds of landscapes and architectures. 


She said that the pictures were taken on a tripod with self-timer. I found this to be inspiring. I don't usually carry my tripod when I go out because I thought that it's an extra weight to carry and it takes a lot of time to set up. But the pictures do turn out much nicer than asking a random person to take photos for you. 



Photography is an Art. It captures your perspectives. It freezes time and reminds me of how I felt in a particular moment. Travel is often short and goes by quick when you enjoy yourself, but I always make it a point to take a lot of pictures so that I may relive those moments over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment