Tuesday, March 19, 2013

"First Times" During Spring Break

Spring break was awesome fun. It wasn't long enough though...

I enjoyed many things during Spring break, and I had some FIRST TIME experiences that made the break memorable.

I mentioned the road trip in my previous blog posts and to be honest it was awesome! I was so excited before departing and in fact everyone was. We had two cars, 8 people totally, driven down to Virginia Beach. We drove through the whole Delaware and it was interesting to see the towns and houses and how different they are from New Jersey. We made three stops on the way and I met some interesting people there. I was ordering a Softy ice cream  from McDonald's and the guy who was taking my order asked me "For here or to go?" I replied "Any difference?" He laughed and said that he had to ask that question for every order he takes and he wasn't sure if that applies for ice cream orders also. "It's my first week" he said. Small talk like this lightens up my day.

We took Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel to Virginia Beach. It is a bridge that connects Virginia's Eastern Shore with the Virginia mainland at Virginia Beach near Norfolk. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel showcases the mighty surge of the Atlantic Ocean, the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay, and the soaring grace of an engineering marvel. The picture on the left was taken in the tunnel. 



During the break, I went for Mini Golf for the first time in my life and I loved it! I never thought that I would enjoy golfing because it's not competitive like track or basketball. But Mini Golf is actually really relaxing and fun. 





The last "first time" is that I saw sunrise and sunset in one day. I always loved to see sunrise and sunset, and I think that they are the prettiest stage of the sun, but I've never seen them in one day. One reason is that it's hard for me to get up that early and still be awake when the sun sets, and another reason is that I've never been in a great location that I can see both clearly. In Virginia Beach, I saw the sunrise by the ocean on the east and sun set by the bay on the west.


"First Times" is memorable. I'm glad to have these first time experiences through out my break. Of course I have also caught up with my sleep and had amazing meals. Anyways, school had started and hope you all are refreshed from the break! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment