Thursday, February 21, 2013

10 Things that You Need in Traveling


Traveling is fun, but it also requires a lot of preparation before departing. Being in another city or country or any whole new environment, I would like to see that there's nothing left behind. It just gives me confidence! I remember once I forgot to bring my hair brush to a conference in Portland Maine, I was much more nervous before my presentation than usual. Little things like this may have a great influence on my mood I realized. However, I don’t like to over pack stuff and bring a huge suitcase when everyone else only brings a duffle bag.
I have 10 items that I would bring with me and they have made my travel experience so much more relaxing and convenient! 

  1. ID or passport. This is the most important item when you travel. You will need it in the airport, bus station, liquor store... Take it but don't loose it!
  2. Some money. This is also the most important thing. Don't ask why...
  3. Adapter or transformer plug. If you are traveling to a foreign country, be sure to take this. It won't take too much space and you will need it to charge your phone, laptop and other electronic devices. Some countries have different plugs than America, and some have different voltage, so you need it!
  4. Medicine. If you are aware of your minor illnesses or allergies, it would be smart to carry some medicine with you.
  5. A camera or a photographer friend. Personally I can't travel without this. Viewing the world through a camera is so amazing and looking at the pictures afterwards is even more fun. If you are not a big fan of photography, just take some with your phone, you will enjoy looking at those pictures later on. 
  6. A water bottle. Drink more water so that you don't get sake while having too much fun.
  7. A pair of comfortable walking shoes. Shoes are important especially when you are traveling. 
  8. One electronic device. Yes one is enough! It can be a laptop, an iPod or a smart phone... anything that you use to inform your family that you're alive.
  9. A casual bag. So that you don't need to drag your suitcase everywhere.
  10. Any personal items. Contact lenses, make up and whatever you need daily, BRING IT!

Hotel Transylvania

What do you usually bring when you travel?

4 comments:

  1. I heard once that people can be very sensitive to changes in drinking water. So, to avoid an upset stomach you should drink bottled water not tap water. Even if the water is safe your stomach won't be used to it and may get mad at you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Especially when you travel to different countries, the quality of water can be very different. The past winter I was in Hawaii and I found that the tap water is very salty, so I had to drink bottled ones because drinking salty water just make me even more thirsty!

      Delete
    2. One place where everyone is advised to drink bottled water is Mexico. When I went this past summer, I was told the resort I was staying at had a separate filtration system so we didn't have to worry about that. I was still cautious about it and drank only bottled water. Although the type of bottled water I first purchased tasted a little funny to me.

      Delete
    3. Haha I agree that water tastes differently in different places. So definitely drinking bottled water would be safer.

      Delete