Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Travel Review of Hong Kong


I've been to Hong Kong several times in my life. The first time was at the age of 6 and I've been in love with this amazing city since then. Hong Kong is located on the Southeast coast of China. It was a colony of England until 1997, thus you don’t have to worry at all if you don’t know their language, in fact, Hong Kong is a bilingual city; most people speak English and public signs are also translated into English. But don’t get me wrong, Hong Kong is not a westernized city at all! You can still find old Hong Kong style streets with open market selling food, snacks, groceries and all kinds of stuff. Some of the famous local restaurants are located in those streets; they might look very old and small, but trust me, they are very good!

Food is a big thing in Hong Kong. People even go to sit-down restaurants for breakfast; they call it the “morning tea”. There are hundreds of choices for “morning tea”. One time I had 15 dishes with two of my friends for breakfast. Well the portion of each dish is nothing comparing to restaurants in America, so that people can order more and enjoy the variety of food. So take a walk outside in the morning and find some street food to eat, don’t be lazy and order breakfast to your hotel room!

If you love shopping, Hong Kong would be a paradise for you. As far as I know, some people go to Hong Kong just for shopping. It is a place where you can find both western products and eastern brands, and the prices of some products, comparing to main land China, are much cheaper.

There are so much that you can do in Hong Kong, just like you will never get bored in New York. Thus, I would definitely recommend Hong Kong as a five-star tourist city.

2 comments:

  1. I've always been wary of traveling there because I don't do well with crowds. What was your experience with that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true that Hong Kong is a high concentrated city, a lot like the New York City. I also feel crowded there but not chaotic, I was actually impressed about it.

      Delete